Thursday, January 13, 2011

Making headlines

So Anushka Sharma is definitely making headlines first with a super hit film that everybody seem to have written off. Then with winning the best actress award and now with a statement that really impressed me.

The mumbai Mirror reported and I quote. "Anushka buys her first expensive bag"

Anushka Sharma who is riding high on the success of Band Baaja Baarat is not a material girl. The young lass is strongly against endorsing expensive bags. Anushka says, "I don't think actresses should flaunt their branded bags. It sets a wrong trend and misleads young girls who cannot afford them. They get influenced and thus pressurize their parents to let them work in a call centre, so that they can earn enough money to afford such bags." The actress makes a candid confession, "In fact I bought my first branded bag recently while shooting for Patiala House in London. I went to a high end shop and fell in love with this expensive bag. It took me three days to decide whether to buy it or not. I even harrowed my mom and called her many times in those three days to ask whether I should spend so much on a bag or not."

I seem to agree with it. I definitely find young girls and boys today trying to figure out how they can buy all those expensive bags, shoes and invest in vanity that they cannot afford. Even if its not expensive the influence of fashion is so high that we all stretch ourselves to invest more in fashion than we can afford. I'm sure you agree

No comments:

Post a Comment